Share the post "Cheese Soufflé"
This Cheese Soufflé made with our Shredded Parmesan is light, savoury, and baked until golden.
- 1 1/2 tbsp. butter + additional butter for greasing
- 1 1/2 tbsp. flour
- 1/2 cup of whole milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 tsp. ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup of Paradise Island Shredded Parmesan
- ½ tsp. cream of tartar
- Preheat the oven to 375 ° F. Grease 2 ramakins with nonstick spray or butter.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat combine butter and flour, creating a roux.
- Once butter and flour have combined and started bubbling, slowly add the milk.
- Cook the milk mixture for another 1-2 minutes until slightly thickened, remove from
heat and transfer to a large bowl and let cool.
- Once the milk mixture is cooled, add egg yolks, salt, ground mustard, and cayenne pepper.
- Stir in shredded cheese and mix. Remove from heat and allow it to cool (approximately 15 minutes).
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar with an electric mixture until stiff peaks start to form.
- Fold 1/3 of the whites into the sauce mixture.
- Fold this mixture back in the remaining whites until combined.
- Divide the mixture evenly in the ramekins,
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and puffed. Serve immediately!