Spread the love of cheese!
These potato croquettes stuffed with Paradise Island Cheese Curds are crispy and golden on the outside and warm and cheesy on the inside. They make a great side for dinner and will be a family favourite in no time.
- 3 lbs. potatoes
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1 egg
- Paradise Island Cheese Curds
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to boil over high heat. Cook for 15 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through.
- Drain the potatoes and place in a large bowl. Add butter, salt, pepper, milk, egg and mash with a mixer or potato masher.
- Prepare three separate plates: one for flour, one with beaten eggs, and one for breadcrumbs.
- Using a spoon, scoop out mashed potatoes and roll into 2” balls. Using your hand, flatten each ball and place 1-2 cheese curds in each croquette. Wrap the mashed potato around the cheese and form into ball shape.
- Roll the croquettes into the flour, followed by beaten eggs, and breadcrumbs.
- Add vegetable oil to a pan or pot over medium-high heat. Vegetable oil should be a few inches deep.
- Fry in batches until golden.
- Serve warm and enjoy!