Spread the love of cheese!
This classic Spaghetti Carbonara is a comforting dish the whole family will love! Made with only a few ingredients including our Shredded Parmesan, this creamy pasta comes together in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 170g bag Paradise Island Shredded Parmesan
- 1 lb. spaghetti pasta
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 lb. thick cut bacon, sliced into 1/2″ pieces
- 1/2-1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Cook spaghetti in salted water to al dente (usually 10 minutes), reserving 1 cup of pasta cooking water before draining.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon pieces until crispy, reserving 1-2 tbsp. of fat.
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, parmesan, and pepper. Once combined, slowly whisk in fat from bacon 1 tbsp. at a time. Then slowly add in pasta cooking water (while whisking continuously) until a smooth sauce is formed. Quickly toss spaghetti in sauce.
- Add crispy bacon and toss again.
- Top with parsley if desired and serve immediately.